National VOAD is currently accepting nominations for the National VOAD Board of Directors. If you wish to nominate yourself or another individual, please fill out the National or State/Territory Nomination Form provided below. All nominations must include two letters of recommendation from National VOAD members (dated 2020). For National members, one of the letters of recommendation must be from a National member. For State/Territory Members, one of the letters must be from the State/Territory you hope to represent. Note that State/Territory candidates must be formally recommended by the State/Territory they hope to represent.
A resume of the nominee must also be included. If you are nominating yourself for the position, please include a bio statement (500 words max). In addition, please include a headshot with your application.
This year there are three open positions on the Board for National Members, and one position for a State/Territory VOAD representative. All nominations must be submitted by April 3rd, 2020.
Please note the following regarding the National VOAD Board of Directors:
- National candidates must be the official Member Representative from a National VOAD member organization.
- State/Territory candidates must be a current officer or immediate past officer from a State/Territory VOAD. State/Territory candidates must be nominated by the State/Territory they hope to represent.
- National Member representatives are not reimbursed for Board-related travel and expenses. The member organization with which they are affiliated must be able to make the financial commitment to provide funding for travel, including to Board Meetings and the Annual VOAD Conference. State/Territory representatives Board-related travel and expenses ARE covered by National VOAD.
- Board Members have full voice and vote in all deliberations of that body.
- Board Members serve the concerns of all member agencies, not just their organization.
- Becoming a Board Member requires a substantial time commitment, which is in addition to commitments already made to their voluntary organization.
When all nominations have been received, the Nominating Committee will review the information and establish the slate of candidates to be voted on by the National and State/Territory Member Representatives at the virtual National VOAD Member Meeting in May.
Serving National VOAD is an amazing opportunity, privilege, and an honor that we all take very seriously. Thank you for considering candidates that will further guide the exemplary work of National VOAD. We look forward to receiving your nominations and any questions you might have.
Questions regarding the nomination process or criteria may be directed to the Nominations Committee, at [email protected]