Our Mission, Vision, Guiding Principles and Core Values
National VOAD, an association of organizations that mitigate and alleviate the impact of disasters, provides a forum promoting cooperation, communication, coordination and collaboration; and fosters more effective delivery of services to communities affected by disaster.
National VOAD will be the recognized non-governmental leader of the disaster preparedness, response, and recovery sector. National VOAD members and partners represent a powerful force of goodwill in America. Through the VOAD network, WE provide the leadership that makes our communities stronger and more resilient. In times of need, WE deliver hope for a more positive future.
Guiding Principles and Core Values
We believe that:
- Providing hope, making a difference and offering opportunities for true collaboration are the lifeblood and soul of the organization.
- Our commitment to caring and compassion for all people, regardless of religion, race or ethnicity is the foundation for all we do.
- Our commitment to the people of the states, territories and commonwealths outside the continental United States is essential to what National VOAD represents.
- A coordinated, inclusive approach provides the basis for a nurturing environment in which disaster response agencies will flourish.
- The quest for excellence in National VOAD programs by encouraging best practices and mutual accountability results in operational synergy.
- Our work will be accomplished in a respectful, nonjudgmental and nondiscriminatory manner.
- Trust, mutual respect and equal partnerships of community service providers are essential to our work.