National VOAD membership is an act of cooperation that provides your organization with communication tools to collaborate with other National VOAD members on disaster relief coordination. With over 100+ members, National VOAD membership will change the way you are able to serve communities in need. If you need more information, please contact [email protected].
Here are a few ways National VOAD can benefit your organization:
Committees/Task ForcesMembers and Partners gather around topical issues and programmatic activities to improve the delivery of services throughout the disaster cycle, and to further create a climate for cooperation. The work of the committees and task forces is supported by National VOAD staff and technology tools.
ConferenceNational VOAD holds an annual national conference in the spring each year. This is the only time each year when emergency management volunteers and professionals come together from across the country to share best practices, new ideas and develop whole community solutions for building more resilient communities.
Discounted fees for products and servicesNational VOAD works to leverage discounts and saving opportunities offered by many top companies for the benefits of our members.
Federal Advocacy and Liaison RepresentationNational VOAD staff in Washington, DC work with FEMA, the DHS, Congress, and other federal agencies on issues of concern throughout the disaster cycle.
Incident Response and Recovery CoordinationIn support of our member's work to respond to a disaster or help a community recover, National VOAD helps coordinate and facilitate communication and actions among member organizations, emergency management agencies and other organizations.
Peer to peer networkingNational VOAD offers its members numerous opportunities to share and discuss best practices and partner on common issues.
National VOAD membership is divided into National Members, State Members and Partners. National membership is subdivided into three tiers; tier one, tier two and associate membership.
Tier One Criteria:
- Activated and or deployed to five Presidentially Declared disasters within the last three years
- Current and actively participating members of 10 State/Territory VOADs
- One or more of the following: A total organizational budget in excess of $15 million OR a total number of staff and volunteers in excess of 2,500 OR Proven disaster experience of at least 15 years
Tier Two Criteria:
- Activated and or deployed to three Presidentially Declared disasters within the last three years
- Current and actively participating members of 5 State/Territory VOADs
- One or more of the following: A total organizational budget of at least $1 million OR a total number of staff and volunteers in excess of 300
- Collaborative desire to grow and strengthen the VOAD movement
- Provent national disaster mission and capacity
- Have had an IRS tax-exempt status for at least two years prior to membership application
For more information, contact [email protected]