Report to: Chief Executive Officer
Summary: Supervise all OBR fundraising activities from non-commercial sources. Manage the solicitation and gathering of monetary donations, or in-kind gifts, to OBR from people all over the world. Raise awareness of the organization’s mission, accomplishments, work, goals, and financial needs. Design and produce fundraising programs and materials.
Location: Position is Based out of the Kansas City Metro Area (no relocation available for this position)
Salary Range: $70-85,000 depending on experience
Deadline: Applications accepted through October 15, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop fundraising programs
- Regularly analyze fundraising programs
- Monitor progress of fundraising programs
- Develop a Fundraising Department
- Supervise all members of the Fundraising Department
- Compile and develop fundraising materials
- Develop and maintain fundraising contact lists
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions
- Coordinate all fundraising events with the Programs Department
- Work closely with the Director of Field Operations and other members of the Programs Department to ensure all Fundraising Events are successful
- Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals
- Coordinate with the Marketing Department to create and distribute all necessary materials for OBR Fundraising, Fundraising Events
- Create and update donor databases
- Analyze donor activity
- Provide analysis of donor databases
- Achieve fundraising goals for special events or specified time periods
- Understand and be able to explain the tax advantages of contributions to potential donors
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors
- Assist in the development of the OBR budget process and the Fundraising Department budget
- Monitor budgets, expense reports, or other financial data
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Develop or implement fundraising activities
- Plan and direct Fundraising Events
- Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential donors
- Coordinate transportation or delivery of materials, supplies, or donations for fundraising events
- Follow all OBR SOP’s
- Develop OBR Fundraising SOP’s
- Implementation of OBR Fundraising SOP’s
- Regular analysis of OBR Fundraising SOP’s
- Ensure compliance with all OBR Fundraising SOP’s
- Write and send letters of thanks to donors.
- Write reports or prepare presentations to communicate Fundraising Program data
- Present Fundraising Department updates to the Board of Directors
- Knowledgeable in grant writing and have track record of successfully funded grants
- Perform all other requested duties and functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At least five years of experience fundraising and grant writing for a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, internet browsers, web-based programs, and email.
College Degree required. Master’s degree in Non-Profit Management or Fundraising is preferred. At least five years of experience fundraising and grant writing for a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. References required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Self-starter who can anticipate the needs of the supervisor team
- Grant writing
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other commonly utilized software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, and walk. The employee is occasionally required to balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.